Monday, August 29, 2011

Good Morning Glory

A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his client to plant vines. -Frank Lloyd Wright




 
What a perfect sight to start the day with – a rogue morning glory climbing up the telephone pole in the back corner of the garden!Surely the relative of one I planted last year, but until today , unnoticed by me. I was taken back to another morning, several years ago, when my next-door-neighbor met me at the fence that separates our two gardens .It was late summer and the fence was smothered in bright blue morning glories, glowing their finest in the early morning coolness.“Your morning glories made me cry” she said. Flowers can indeed bring out strong emotions in us, not to mention memories, and I will forever think of that neighbor when the morning glories greet me, as I hope they always will.




This pure shade of blue just longs for the color orange.  I decided to pick one blossom and bring it in the house to enjoy with my breakfast.  I had fun with paints also, serving it up on a "Bridgewater" plate with a glass of orange juice ! By the way, DO NOT eat the Morning Glory except with your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment